Visiting Disney World is something that many people dream about. Taking the family to the most magical place on Earth is a trip that can create a lot of memories. However, if you want to create magical memories instead of those that you would rather forget, here are some tips on setting expectations.
Disney World is a great place to visit and it has so much to offer you and your family. And sometimes, all that there is to do and see can cause one to become overwhelmed. You arrive at the park and you aren’t sure where to even begin. You want to go one way, one child wants to go another way, and another child wants to go see something else. Trying to make sure everyone is happy and able to do what they desire can leave your head spinning.
The secret to enjoying Disney World is to have the right expectations and one way to make sure of that is to use a Disney Travel Agent. Travel agents know all about the parks. They are able to help you plan a magical trip for your family. A travel agent can sit down with you and work with you to help you create a trip that is full of amazing memories that you will not forget.
The world-famous Disney characters, charming attractions, and endless fun is something everyone associates with Disney World. However, all of this can go down the drain without taking the time to plan your itinerary and knowing what to expect (even the not so pleasant).
When you are taking the time to plan a visit, it’s best to think about everything.
* Things to Do at Disney World
* And More!
You have to focus on the foundation of your trip to ensure it’s as fun as you want it to be. Whenever these details are ignored, you end up in a situation that’s frustrating and simply difficult to manage.
Let’s talk accommodation expectations:
- Is space important to you?
- Is the distance of transportation an issue, meaning do you mind having to take a little stroll to a bus or do you prefer to walk right out the front door and catch a ride?
- Will your family be comfortable with 2 full beds or do you think you need queens to have a good night sleep?
- Dining; are you OK with only quick service options at your hotel or would you prefer a table service restaurant and room service be available..
- Interior vs Exterior- some families only want to be on the interior of a traditional hotel, while some are OK with the exterior rooms setup
Choosing the right resort is the beginning of making sure you have the right expectations during your trip, while some families spend time in the room only for sleeping and showering, others go back multiple times daily for naps, pool trips, meals, exploring, etc. Knowing what your family needs and wants is key to choosing the correct lodging. Having a long day at Disney and being unhappy with where you come “home” to is a recipe for disaster.
Fastpasses, Waits, Crowds, and in park Expectations:
- setting up hour fast passes is SO important, research the rides and attractions to see what is important to each member of your family. Sometimes splitting up in necessary to have a magical experience. Mom having to wait with toddler while big kids go on rides can lead to unnecessary tantrums. Mom and toddler should take advantage of that time by having their own fastness for an appropriate ride. Take advantage of rider swap in these situations so then Mom can go back on the other ride when everyone is finished!
- Waits are inevitable so be prepared! Play games on the MDE app, download trivia on your phones or even an e-book. Have “line games” prepare for your family. Bring water, and even a snack if necessary before you start your wait. Even during low crowd times you will most likely still have to wait so don’t be discouraged just be prepared.
- If waits are not an option, say you have little kids who just cant make it then enjoy the scenery and explore! Grab some Sorcerer cards at MK or travel the world at Epcot. Rides are NOT the only thing to do at Disney World.
- Have a plan
- Winging a couple meals is fine, but if you have any desire to sit down or eat with characters you NEED to make reservations. Even as an experienced Disney go-er I cant tell you how many times we have wandered around looking for a restaurant with a last minute opening only to be dissapointed.
- Expect kids to be at every restaurant, it is Disney World. If you are a family with small kids, Disney is a great place to get them use to eating out as you will be in good company!
Sometimes you need a timeout, have a seat and people watch, decompress, things might go awry, a ride may break, your child may have a tantrum. Its all normal and as long as you have the right expectations you can always have a magical trip.
To learn more your best bet is to reach out to a qualified travel agent and go through your requirements for the trip. This is the best way to feel in control of the itinerary and how everything is going to be handled. With professional assistance, the trip to Disney World is going to be a memorable one for all the right reasons.
Relax, Take it In, Enjoy!